In writing my Curriculum Review I have learned how to write and review my assessments and lesson plans to fit state and national standards. I believe after class discussions, the readings and writing my Curriculum Review that I am ready to implement the lesson plans, assessment tools, and a curriculum webs in my classroom.
In my project I have planned lesson plans that fit educational theories. They fit in the educational plans to better fit the needs of the students. I have chosen lesson plans that engage the students. The more engaged they are, the more they will learn. The students will stay focused and learn more than if they sat in the classroom and worked on worksheets.
In planning for future lessons I will be able to understand how to implement a curriculum web. In a curriculum map I have to break down the skills that I need to teach and what they should get out of each unit. I know the topic, the skills and how I will assess them. I am prepared for what I need to teach. I use this topic I could change the assessments based on students and how well the unit went. It will depend on the outcome of the lessons the first time that I use them. If the students understand and assess well on each unit, than I will continue to use the same assessment. I might switch up the activities for each year.
I will be able to look at my assessments and know how I will need to improve them to fit the needs of myself, as a teacher, and the students. For an example in my Curriculum Review Project, I think that I could improve on deciding how I would assess this activity. I could keep a chart of each student and mark whether they gave me the right change and what part of the activity that they understood. This activity may be hard to keep track of and hard to assess.
I believe after writing my Curriculum Review I have learned a lot about my assessments and lesson plans. When I in a classroom I believe that I will apply my knowledge of assessment and lesson plans when teaching my students. I have also learned to step back what I am assessing and planning to make sure I am filling the national and state standards. I will be more likely to look at how my students learn and make sure that all of the lesson plans help a diverse of students. I have enjoyed writing the Curriculum Review and this class. I have learned a lot and I believe that I will use what I have learned in my classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment